The person who has overall responsibility for safeguarding at Wheeler Primary School is: Mrs D. Robinson
In the absence of Mrs D. Robinson, the deputy safeguarding lead is: Mrs C. Binks
The school’s Child Protection Coordinator is: Mrs D. Robinson
What to do if you have a concern about a child attending Wheeler:
During school hours:
- Contact the school and speak to either Mrs D. Robinson or Mrs C. Mudd on 01482 353125
- Contact the Access and Assessment team for Hull on 01482 448879
Out of school hours and during school holidays:
- If your concern is urgent and there is an immediate risk of harm, then contact the police on 999.
- If your concern is less urgent but you are worried about the welfare of the child, then contact the Access and Assessment team for Hull on 01482 448879.
- If you have concerns about a child at Wheeler which you believe the school need to be aware of, then email Mrs Suzanne Wilson (Strategic lead for safeguarding for HCAT): firstname.lastname@example.org. Mrs Wilson will make contact with a key member of staff from the school on your behalf.
From September 2017 we are an Operation Encompass School
Operation Encompass is a partnership between the Police and designated school staff, known as Key Adults. Working together to safeguard children, the Police will inform the Key Adults within schools, about any incident where the child or young person has been present or exposed to domestic abuse.
The information shared with the school’s trained Key Adult allows the provision of immediate early intervention through overt or silent support, dependent upon the needs and wishes of the child.
The named Key Adult for Wheeler Primary School is Mrs Robinson