Attendance & Absences
8.45 a.m. until 12.00 a.m. (Year 1)
8.45 a.m. until 12.10 a.m. (All other year groups)
1.00 p.m. until 3.15 p.m. (Year 1)
1.10 p.m. until 3.15 p.m. (All other year groups)
Drop off & Pick up points
- Drop your child off in the playground at 8.45 a.m.
- Staff are on duty on the stairs each day.
- Children in years 1, 2, and 3 exit from the main entrance at lunchtime, an at hometime from the Wheeler Street door.
- Children in years 4, 5 & 6 exit from the main entrance at lunchtime and hometime.
Don’t forget!! Early Birds are entered into a termly raffle for a prize.
Breakfast club opens at 8.00 a.m. and is FREE! The children can choose from a range of cereals, toast and delicious porridge with Golden syrup. There is also the option of apple or orange juice. Please remember to book your child in at least 24 hours before.
Absences: What if my child is off?
We expect your child to attend school every day, however, if your child is genuinely ill, please inform the office before school on the first day of absence.
SCHOOL TELEPHONE NUMBER: 01482 353 125
The school office is open from 8.00 a.m. each morning.
- If your child has a medical appointment, please bring your appointment card/ letter to the office where we can authorise the absence.
- Holidays should not normally be taken during school term time. If you are considering taking holidays, then please be aware that schools can only authorise one holiday absence of up to 10 school days in one school year. We reserve the right NOT to authorise holidays if your child’s attendance is below 95%.
- Holiday forms are available at the school office.
- Please avoid any absences in May, as this is our assessment month.
- Remember – every day spent in school helps your child to make progress.
- Don’t forget the attendance Jolly for every child with no unauthorised absence whose attendance is more than 95% each time.
Sometimes children become unwell or have an accident at school and we will need to contact you. Please make sure we have up to date contact details for you.